The Center for the History of Medicine in the Francis A. Countway Library of Medicine is one of the world's leading resources for the study of the history of health and medicine. Our rare books, manuscript and archival collections, artifacts, and audiovisual materials attract a global audience of researchers.
The Center serves to enable the history of medicine to inform contemporary medicine and deepens our understanding of the society in which medicine is embedded.
- Contact us at email@example.com to ask a question or schedule a research appointment
- Learn more about our collections
- Visit OnView to browse digital exhibits, photographs, museum objects, and more.
- Read our blog to learn more about collections, exhibits, fellowships, and special projects
- Browse upcoming events, classes, and tours
- Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @HarvardHistMed
- Join our mailing list