Log in to ILLiad
Scan & Deliver is an electronic document delivery service. You may request and obtain electronically scanned portions of certain items from the library collections that are currently on the shelf.
About the Service:
If Harvard owns an item in its physical collection, and you only need an article or chapter scanned, the Scan & Deliver service is often the fastest way to obtain access.
What can be requested:
- Journal articles (one per issue) or book chapters (one per book), not exceeding 10% of the work.
- Participating collections: Andover-Harvard Theological (Divinity), Baker, Biblioteca Berenson, Cabot, Center for Hellenic Studies, Chemistry, Countway, Design, Development Office, Dumbarton Oaks, Ernst Mayr, Fine Arts, Government Documents, Gutman, Harvard Depository, Harvard Kennedy School, Law, Loeb Music, McKay (HD items only), Physics, Poetry Room, Tozzer, and Widener.
- Items in HOLLIS Classic or HOLLIS+ that are eligible for this service will have a 'Scan & Deliver' link on their availability page.
What can't be requested:
- Items being used as course reserves
- Special collections
- Items too fragile or brittle for scanning
- Requests exceeding 100 pages
- Scans cannot be made for use as Course Reserves
- Scans are delivered within four business days
- A notice is sent to your e-mail account with a link to the PDF
- The PDF will remain available for download for 30 days
- To track your filled and outstanding requests, please log in to your ILLiad account
- Harvard students, faculty, and staff
- Summer school students
- Special borrowers with access to Harvard Library's electronic resources
- This service is free to all eligible users.
Resource Sharing-Interlibrary Loan Contact Information:
- Mail: Harvard Library Resource Sharing, 1 Harvard Yard, Room G-30, Cambridge, MA 02138
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 617-495-2972