The Countway Library, including the Center for the History of Medicine, is located in the Longwood Medical Area at:
10 Shattuck St. Boston, MA 02115.
The Library is visible from Huntington Avenue between Longwood Ave. and Francis St. The Countway entrance is at the end of Shattuck Street, which runs parallel to Francis Street behind the Brigham & Women's Hospital (see map).
- For advice on travel to the Countway see the Harvard Medical School's directions to the Longwood campus.
- Harvard affiliates may use the Longwood Medical Area (M2) Shuttle to travel between the Longwood Campus and Harvard's Cambridge Campus, where many other Harvard libraries are located. Track the current location of the Longwood Medical Area shuttles on your smart phone or your computer.
- Nearest MBTA "T" Stop: Brigham Circle on the Green Line "E" Train.
- Nearest MBTA Bus Stop: Harvard School of Public Health, Bus #39, Huntington Ave.
Parking convenient to the Countway is available in several ways:
- Street parking on Huntington Avenue @ $0.25 per 15 minutes, 2 hour maximum
- Brigham and Women's parking garage on Francis Street
- Children's Hospital parking garage on Longwood Avenue
- Visitors with full parking privileges on Harvard's Cambridge Campus can park in the Harvard garage at 200 Longwood Avenue. Arrangements must be made in advance by calling the Parking Office at (617) 432-1111.
- The MBTA Web Site for information on public transportation in Boston
- The Harvard interactive map
- Directions and maps for the Longwood Medical Area
Accessibility for Persons with Disabilities:
- See our accessibility page for information about accessibility for persons with disabilities.