IMPORTANT: Reserve requests should be placed a minimum of two weeks before they are needed.
Installing the Reserve Tool module in your course website:
- Go to your course website and log in as an instructor using your HarvardKey log in name and password. (To get to your course website, go to http://my.hsph.harvard.edu/), and log in with your HarvardKey log in name and password. Click on the “Courses” tab and select your course).
- Once in your course website, navigate to the page on which you would like reserve readings to be displayed.
- Click “Modify This Page” on the right side of your screen to switch to design view.
- Select "Reserves Reading List" from the "Create New Topic Box" menu.
Requesting readings through the Reserve Tool:
To request or edit reserve readings for your course, click on the pencil in the upper right corner of the Reserve Tool box. Now that you are you are in edit mode, readings may be requested in two different ways:
1. Create a new citation request
- Click “Add a New Citation”
- Select the appropriate “Material Type” and the “Supporting Library” (for most HSPH courses, the supporting library should be Countway)
- Fill in the relevant bibliographic data for your reading
- Submit your request
2. Reuse a reading from a previous term:
- Click "Reuse Citations from Previous Terms"
- Select the semester you would like to view from the drop-down list, then click "Filter and Display."
- Check the "Select" box at the left of each reading you would like to reuse, then click on "Copy Citation Requests to Current Term."
Things to remember:
Reserve requests should be placed a minimum of two weeks before the start of the term so that we can recall items currently on loan or order books Countway does not own.
We are not currently able to provide electronic reserve access to materials that Harvard does not own or to scanned readings of items we only have in print. We are working to develop a way to provide this service. In the meantime, such readings should be collected into a course pack and physically placed on reserve.
Course packs may be placed on reserve at Countway. To do so, place a request for the packet as a single item according to the instructions above. A copy of the packet may then be dropped off at Circulation and Reserves desk at Countway. Please note: All course packs must be bound or put in a binder before they are left at the library.
For further assistance:
If you have questions, or would like to discuss your reserve request with the library, please call (617) 432-2136 or email us.
If you need to help using the Reserve Tool or other features of your course website, contact HSPH iSites support.