SAVE THE DATE: HMS Publishing Symposium
The symposium will feature multiple sessions designed to provide a better understanding of scholarly publishing, including insight into how to better position your papers for acceptance. Elsevier publishers will lead the sessions with support from HMS faculty editors. The sessions will underscore the distinct perspectives, experiences and recommendations from experts within the publishing industry and from those who serve as reviewers in their fields of study.
Sessions will include a scholarly publishing panel discussion, a seminar outlining topics and trends affecting scholarly publishing and research-driven institutions; and publishing break-out sessions, aligned with disciplinary concentrations. Attendees are welcome to join any or all of the sessions. More details to come.
10:00am – 12:00pm: An Introduction to Scholarly Publishing - Panel Presentation
12:00pm – 1:00pm: Lunch Reception with Presenters and Contributors
1:00pm – 2:00pm: Trends and Issues within Scholarly Publishing
2:30pm – 3:30pm: Publishing Workshop Break-outs by Field/Concentration
- Ann Gabriel – Vice President, Strategic Alliances, Elsevier
- Rebecca Cooney – Executive Editor, The Lancet
- Terry Materese – Executive Publisher, Elsevier Health & Medical Sciences
- George Woodward – Senior Publisher, Elsevier Health & Medical Sciences
- Jason Winkler – Publisher, Elsevier Health & Medical Sciences
- Multiple HMS Faculty Members, who serve as Elsevier journal editors and reviewers