Research Assistants doing work for a faculty member from the Harvard Medical School, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Harvard School of Public Health, or BML member may apply for borrowing privileges by completing the Special Borrower Card Application form.
This form requires completion by both the faculty member and research assistant. First time applicants should bring the completed form and a government issued photo ID to Countway Library for processing. Applicants will need to take a photo for an ID card and should allow approximately 20 minutes for their visit.
Please note that ID cards can only be processed Monday-Friday from 8 AM to 3:30 PM. Please be sure to bring a Government Issued ID with you.
Materials are borrowed, and fines accrue, to the sponsor’s (faculty member's) library account. Research Assistants do not have to be paid by Harvard to apply for a Special Borrower card.
If you are a member of this group you are entitled to the following services:
- Borrow Direct
- Center for the History of Medicine
- Copying, Scanning, and Printing
- Harvard Direct
- Interlibrary Loan
- Physical Access to Library Resources
- Records Management
- Reference Walk-in Services
- Remote Access to Licensed Digital Resources
- Remote Document Delivery (Countway Express)
- Research Imaging Services
- Scan and Deliver
- Warren Museum and Other Exhibits